Alright Dr Phil I got a boner to pick with you,
While working at a clients house I came across an article of yours titled “Is Internet Pornography Cheating?” This is what I read:
I take issue with a few of your points in this article….. Every single one in fact and I would like to break them down for you.
First the Title: “Has many people worried about their relationships” Bollocks! The people who are threatened by a little bit of internet porn are the same people who feed into your phony diet advice. The vast majority of people are down with their partner watching porn. Secondly “is it a normal guy thing?” Are men the only people watching porn? are you fucking kidding me??? Have you asked your wife?
- It is not OK behavior. It is a perverse and ridiculous intrusion into your relationship. It is an insult, it is disloyal and it is cheating.
Intrusion into my relationship? Porn can be a great thing to bring to a relationship! You can watch it with them for a good laugh, as a kind of foreplay, or to get ideas together. How is it disloyal? It is no more disloyal than taking relationship advice from some strange old dude celebrity.
- Consider how it makes your partner feel. If it makes your partner feel ugly, hurt, deceived, lied to or inadequate, then it needs to stop. If it is eroding your relationship, it’s gone too far.
I agree consider how it makes you partner feel. Talk to them, ask them, do a good solid check in with them. If they feel hurt, ugly, and inadequate due to a little smut than maybe it’s time to schedule another appointment with the therapist to check in on why they are having those feelings, rather than tossing out all of your Nuns Gone Wild tapes and calling it a day.
- Pornography isn’t real, it’s a fantasy. It’s makeup, beauty lenses, hair extensions, camera angles, lighting and silicone! It’s also somebody’s daughter who has taken a really, really wrong turn. She’s demeaning herself, debasing herself, humiliating herself and she’s being exploited by people who are funded by you. It is a sick, demented, twisted world. It’s not healthy, it’s not natural and it’s not normal.
Okay phil this bullet point is probably the biggest one I need to bring up with you. Porn can be a lot of things, it does not have to be super made up, but when it is whats the problem? Are you trying to tell me you don’t have makeup, beauty lenses, hair ext- oops sorry phil… my point being its like going to the movies, you know Iron Man isn’t real but it’s still fun to watch! Next, that “persons daughter” is a grown ass woman who gets to make her own choices. She is working in a profession she enjoys, empowering herself and her body, and is probably not making as much as she should because you are watching through a free site that pirated her video. Lastly you say its not natural, healthy, or normal?? Excuse me?? Sex in general is one of the most natural normal healthy things we do. Masturbating has been proven to have huge health benefits, and sex is seriously some of the oldest created images in human history.
- Viewing Internet pornography or engaging in cybersex is a short step to taking cheating to the next level.
Shut the fuck up Phil!
- You need to tell your partner that viewing pornography is absolutely, unequivocally unacceptable in your relationship. Draw a line: Your partner needs to choose between the pornography or the relationship.
Thats a lot of big words in one sentence Phil! is long winded spewing of information that promotes a toxic culture what you have your doctorate in? Allow me to give a piece of advice: You need to tell your partner(s) how you feel, express you fears and ask for their help. You need to stop taking advice from pieces of shit like Phil and start feeding your soul. You need to set healthy boundaries with your partner. More than anything you need to not feed into this toxic culture of thinking that you have to be the perfect partner for your spouse(s) and remember that you are just human. It’s okay to be scared and fragile, it’s okay to ask for comfort. You and your partner(s) need to choose between following in the footsteps of mistrust or actually communicating with one another. Do as thy will and harm none.
as said before Shut the fuck up Phil.